“No matter how slow you go, you’re still lapping everyone on the couch.”
Now that we’re a month into the year, how many of our resolutions have started to fade? Statistically speaking, after the first month, almost half of us will break our resolutions—but those who succeed know slow and steady wins the race. Smart goal-setters realize the path to achievement is revealed by checking off milestones and watching for success markers along the way. Run a marathon by August? Sure, but first try to get to a 5K by February.
February is a great month for refocusing on your goals and keeping your momentum going. It’s a short, but often a productive month as employees are back in gear and energized after the New Year and holiday break. Clients are implementing their own New Year strategies—which means new business opportunities for you!
Examine where you are with your 2016 goals. What goals are you making headway on, and where do you need to double-down your efforts? Now’s the time to reevaluate your strategic plan for the first half of the year and wrap up any year-end loose ends that might be holding you back. Look at your marketing goals and strategy, and keep the ball rolling.
Make 2016 your best year ever. Remember to keep going. You’re already doing better than everyone who already gave up!
- One way to keep your resolutions from fizzling out? Turn them into powerful goals. Use smart strategies to keep both yourself and your company on track.
- If you need a refresher, try these 10 Business Goal Setting Tips. Be sure your powerful goals cover your marketing strategy as it relates to your company’s overall strategic plan.
- Examine your content and your website. If your website is over 5 years old, it’s as old as a rotary phone! How did your website help you convert leads to reach your sales goals last year? Don’t know? Then it’s time for a new website.
- What does your 2016 Marketing Strategy look like? Blindly fumbling toward creating content is no more of a strategy than “running” is to completing a marathon. You must have milestones and markers to help keep you on track.
- Understanding trends can help shape strong strategy and act as a guide. Are you mobile-optimized? Check out these 5 BIG Reasons You Need to Be Mobile Ready in 2016 or review these Mobile Marketing Trends for 2016 to get up to speed.
- What drives us to get things done? A call to action! Unfortunately, it’s one of the often-forgotten parts of our website. Craft compelling CTAs to ensure your customers are helping you turn leads into sales in 2016.
It’s time to get off the couch and lace up your sneakers. Work toward those 2016 resolutions and turn them into goals! If you’re ready to kick ass in 2016, be sure to follow Cultivate on LinkedIn or subscribe below to receive full Motivational Mondays posts in your inbox each week.
Get Motivated Every Monday!
Marketing creativity is the ability to tap into our mental pool of resources — knowledge, information, insight, stats, examples — and combine them in unique ways. The larger the library of creative building blocks, the more visionary your ideas will grow to be.
Motivate your mind. Subscribe now to get full Motivational Mondays posts in your inbox every Monday morning: