“We should not look back unless it is to derive useful lessons from past errors.” – George Washington
Happy Presidents’ Day. No matter how you feel about the current electoral prospects, we can all agree our country’s forefathers had great wisdom, and a thing or two to teach us about perseverance, holding steadfast to one’s beliefs, and the importance of a strong and unified vision.
Looking back on the past and reflecting on history is important — we can learn so much. It’s not about ruminating on past mistakes or regrets, but extracting a lesson and moving forward with renewed motivation and spirit.
When you look back at your company’s past, what lessons can you learn? Are there places where a stronger strategy or a better plan could have resulted in a faster outcome? Where there times when you overlooked customer appreciation or you weren’t as responsive as you should have been? Take these lessons and apply them to your plan going forward.
On this Presidents’ Day, rather than repeating history, let’s learn from it and move forward with hope and focus. The path to your company’s growth and greatness lies ahead.
- Many stories of America’s birth show us how small groups with a strong, fearless vision can overcome giants. Even if you’re in small business, the right SEO strategy can help level the playing field. Here’s how to compete with the big guys.
- How has political campaigning changed over time? Learn how digital marketing tactics completely changed the game…
- Throughout history, presidential hopefuls have used slogans, propaganda, and creative marketing strategies—all of which we can learn from to craft our own marketing campaigns.
- History teaches us many lessons through compelling stories. How does your company use storytelling to connect with customers?
- If you’ve watched Mad Men, you have a decent grasp on the modern history of marketing. What can we learn from going even further back? Try exploring this brief history of the origins of marketing. Neat stuff.
- Just like a history lesson, if you want to understand your market, you have to do your homework. Check out these free marketing resources you can use to shape your brand and move forward with your goals.
Apply a little historical knowledge, strategic leadership and “presidential thinking” to your marketing strategy to reach more customers this year. For more great marketing ideas, be sure to follow Cultivate on LinkedIn or subscribe below to receive full Motivational Mondays posts in your inbox each week.
Get Motivated Every Monday!
Marketing creativity is the ability to tap into our mental pool of resources — knowledge, information, insight, stats, examples — and combine them in unique ways. The larger the library of creative building blocks, the more visionary your ideas will grow to be.
Motivate your mind. Subscribe now to get full Motivational Mondays posts in your inbox every Monday morning: