Bigger, better, faster, more…how do we build something with more bells and whistles? More features? How can we make our brand the biggest and best?
Surprisingly, marketing isn’t always about the biggest sign and the loudest message. Minimalism in design, simplicity, and more focus in function can do more for a brand than dozens of extra features and fluff. Look at iconic brands like Apple and Volkswagen and how their brand simplicity and attention to quality has projected them further than competitors with “more.”
Sometimes you have to step back to see the forest for the trees. We can be so wrapped up in getting all the nuances of our message across that customers can become overwhelmed and turned off.
Applying a “do less with more” concept to your brand can help you work smarter, not harder. Customers want the cleanest, fastest way to assess what you have to offer, understand your brand and story, and access your services and products. Narrow your focus to the important stuff—the core of your message, and it will become clear.
- Keeping it simple helps you keep your customers. Customers are drawn to the simplest, most confidence-inspiring path. For the customer, less is more.
- Telling a clear story should be the focus of your marketing. Here are 5 great ways to get your story across.
- When it comes to your marketing plan, here’s why you need to “focus on focus.”
- Want to know how the big brands do it? Check out the simple secret to Apple’s marketing success.
- Remember: in the world of marketing madness, simplicity rules.
- When you’re looking for ways to improve how your customers experience your website, did you know less is more on the web, too? Try these great tips for making your website a lean, mean, lead-generation machine.
Fertilize Your Mind — Weekly Marketing Updates
Marketing creativity is the ability to tap into our mental pool of resources — knowledge, information, insight, stats, examples — and combine them in unique ways. The larger the library of creative building blocks, the more visionary your ideas will grow to be.
Fertilize your mind. Subscribe now to get a weekly digest of our latest blog posts delivered directly to your inbox: