Inhale the future. Exhale the past.
There’s a lot to be said for mindfulness lately. Perhaps being more “zen” was even one of your New Year’s resolutions. Being aware and deliberate in our day-to-day interactions can help us keep our focus and our vision, and amp up our productivity. Multitasking and chaos is out, mindfulness and peace is in.
So, how can you apply mindfulness to your brand? Being deliberate with your message, watching your analytics, testing everything, and really connecting with your customers are all great ways to get to your brand’s happy place, all while keeping your business in the forefront of your customers’ minds.
It sounds simple enough, but it requires us to let go of the things that didn’t work for us in the past. Look at your 2015 marketing. What flopped? Now learn from it, let it go, look to the future, and plan and base decisions on what you know. Be authentic. What keeps you on the cutting edge of your industry? Inhale the future. Exhale the past. It’s a new year, let’s make it count!
- Mindfulness actually boosts productivity, so the busier you are, the more mindful you need to be. Your customers and your company will reap the benefits.
- When you exhale the past, don’t just forget it. Instead, learn from it. To get customers to understand your brand, share your brand story. It shows how you got here and, paired with your vision, it illustrates where you’re headed.
- It’s 2016. As you look to the future, you need to be ready to reach your customers with the newest technology. Now’s the time to ensure your website is mobile-friendly.
- 2016 has been declared the “Year of the Customer.” Be mindful of this trend. It’s all about the importance of recognizing your individual customers and giving them more of what they want.
- Your website is the center of your marketing universe. Does your website design measure up? One-size-fits-all may no longer serve all your customer needs.
- Look at your customers from the past, in the present, and into the future. While the past cannot be changed, we can certainly learn from it, so focus on the present and plan for the future.
Keep your mindfulness resolution by staying focused on your mission, vision and message. For more ideas on how to tailor your message to your customers, be sure to follow Cultivate on LinkedIn or subscribe below to receive Motivational Monday updates in your inbox each week.
Fertilize Your Mind — Weekly Marketing Updates
Marketing creativity is the ability to tap into our mental pool of resources — knowledge, information, insight, stats, examples — and combine them in unique ways. The larger the library of creative building blocks, the more visionary your ideas will grow to be.
Fertilize your mind. Subscribe now to get a weekly digest of our latest blog posts delivered directly to your inbox: