“Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” –Zig Ziglar
Let’s get 2016 off to a great start! As business gets underway after the long weekend of New Year celebrations, it’s time to make your resolutions, revisit your strategic plan, and see if you’re on track for your 2016 marketing strategy. Prepare for the challenges that may come up this year, but expect the best—it’s time to figure out how you can make the most of what’s on the horizon.
What challenges did you face last year? No one has a crystal ball (we wish!) and crisis can arise from out of nowhere, but there are a few certainties. We know 2016 is an election year. We know the market just experienced a rate hike for the first time since 2008. We know people are increasingly turning toward mobile technology and customers are responding more strongly to personal connections and tailored messages.
Aside from trying to predict where things are headed based on current trends and trajectories, we should approach 2016 with an understanding of our strengths and weaknesses in 2015. Let’s apply what we’ve learned this past year. Let’s do better. Examine your strategic plan. Rely on what’s working and resolve to change the things no longer propelling you forward.
- Too busy to make marketing a priority in 2016? Start here.
- Will we face the next Marketing Revolution in 2016? Those on the forefront say marketing will become even more data-based and tailored to the individual customer.
- In 2016, mobile will continue to make an impact. Marketing is shifting to cater to an audience on the go: people who are spending more time on their smartphones than at their desks.
- As you work on your 2016 planning, resolve to make your website a lean, mean, lead-generating machine by evaluating your SEO, creating standout CTAs, and using smart strategies to make your site work for you.
- If upping your social media game is on your list of goals, here are 4 ways you can get noticed on social NOW.
- Is your branding noticeable, memorable and creating a lasting impression? Do this quick color evaluation to ensure you’re going into 2016 with effective branding.
- A strong content marketing strategy ensures you’re always planning for the best—AND preparing for any roadblocks this New Year.
Let’s work together to make 2016 your best year ever! For more ideas on how to create a kick-butt 2016 marketing strategy, be sure to follow Cultivate on LinkedIn or subscribe below to receive Motivational Monday updates in your inbox each week.
Fertilize Your Mind — Weekly Marketing Updates
Marketing creativity is the ability to tap into our mental pool of resources — knowledge, information, insight, stats, examples — and combine them in unique ways. The larger the library of creative building blocks, the more visionary your ideas will grow to be.
Fertilize your mind. Subscribe now to get a weekly digest of our latest blog posts delivered directly to your inbox: