All you can take with you is that which you’ve given away. –It’s a Wonderful Life (sign in Peter Bailey’s office)
‘Tis the season for giving and appreciation. We’ve all seen Frank Capra’s classic film, It’s a Wonderful Life—and we’ve all probably shed a tear or two as George Bailey realizes all the lives he’s touched and made better. It’s a classic scene, one that teaches us much about integrity, loyalty and the importance of taking care of your customers and clients.
Customers of Bailey Building & Loan were more than simply customers…they considered George one of their best friends. His fairness, charity, and yes, customer service kept them coming back and willing to give to save George when he needed them the most.
Do right by your customers, run your business with integrity, and show your customers you appreciate each and every one of them. Go above and beyond to meet their needs when they need you the most, and they’ll be there to support you. The most successful companies focus on ways they can give back to the world, their customers, and their employees. Follow your mission and you’ll discover your worth.
Remember: each person’s life touches so many other lives, and no one is a failure when they have friends.
- Which companies are truly working to make the world a better place? These companies can teach us lessons in customer service, sustainability and meaningful leadership.
- Kindness creates repeat customers. You can’t buy loyalty, but you can foster its growth by treating your customers well, and always delivering on your promises.
- Give your customers extras: incentives and added value, so your clients know you’re really taking care of them.
- Showing appreciation to those who matter the most to your business doesn’t need to be difficult or expensive. Check out these easy ways to show appreciation.
- Model your business after those who are holding true to their promise to give back. Even small businesses can be examples of integrity and corporate responsibility.
- To get respect, you must also give it. Develop your relationship with your customers to show them their value. After all, your reputation relies on their satisfaction.
Keep your days Merry and Bright by sharing the spirit of the season with your customers. For more ideas on how to keep your customers coming back, be sure to follow Cultivate on LinkedIn or subscribe below to receive Motivational Monday updates in your inbox each week.
Fertilize Your Mind — Weekly Marketing Updates
Marketing creativity is the ability to tap into our mental pool of resources — knowledge, information, insight, stats, examples — and combine them in unique ways. The larger the library of creative building blocks, the more visionary your ideas will grow to be.
Fertilize your mind. Subscribe now to get a weekly digest of our latest blog posts delivered directly to your inbox: