“We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job to make the customer experience a little bit better.” –Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com
HAPPY NEW YEAR! As you get ready to head to your New Year’s Eve soirees and ring in 2016, work might be the furthest thing from your mind. However, we can all learn a thing or two from the way we interact at cocktail parties.
A great conversationalist at a party isn’t just a good talker, they’re a good listener. They keep things easygoing and they show interest in the person they’re speaking to. Treat your marketing like a great conversation—frame your message around what’s interesting to your customers!
Keep your message easy to follow and add some fun! As you go into the New Year, steer your content toward your customer and show them all the ways your brand is cool and exciting, makes a difference, or appeals to their unique needs. Help raise their intrigue and interest and you’ll be the most popular brand at the party!
- Learn more about cocktail party marketing here. (…and no, it doesn’t mean talking about work while everyone else is counting down to the ball drop.)
- Optimize your customer experience in 2016. Make your employees your brand ambassadors and invite everyone to join in the fun!
- Let’s take a peek at the best of the best in advertising from 2015. What can these winners teach us about generating better customer engagement?
- Here’s a great post on how to go viral in 2016. When we analyze what content was shared most, we can learn how to really connect with our customers.
- We think content marketing is a lot of fun. (It SO is!) Did you know content marketing can be like a video game? There are stats, tools, and best of all—a scoreboard to track your success!
- Here’s how to use comedy to get your message across and peak customer interest. Even when your brand is serious, infusing fun and humor in your message makes it easier to digest and more fun to produce. Plus, it’s a great way to highlight your unique qualities.
As you’re having fun at your New Year’s Eve festivities, take a few mental notes and get ready to apply them in the New Year. For more ideas on how to ring in 2016 with a bang, be sure to follow Cultivate on LinkedIn or subscribe below to receive Motivational Monday updates in your inbox each week.
Fertilize Your Mind — Weekly Marketing Updates
Marketing creativity is the ability to tap into our mental pool of resources — knowledge, information, insight, stats, examples — and combine them in unique ways. The larger the library of creative building blocks, the more visionary your ideas will grow to be.
Fertilize your mind. Subscribe now to get a weekly digest of our latest blog posts delivered directly to your inbox: